Daikin Airconditioning India Private Limited (“DAIPL”) Product
1. Product Warranty – as effective from 1st May 2022
A. Split Unit Hi-wall Non-Inverter
The Daikin Split Air conditioner (hereinafter referred to as “Product”) comes with 12 months warranty from the date of invoice to customer, (“initial warranty period”) on all parts except front grill & plastic parts and, thereafter 4 years (48 months) additional warranty on the compressor, from the end of initial warranty period of the product (“additional warranty period”) (initial warranty period and additional warranty period is hereinafter referred to as “warranty”). In the additional warranty period, the purchaser shall be only entitled to repair/ replacement of compressor wherein the additional/ancillary cost associated to gas charging, related labour and transportation charges or any parts such as compressor, condenser coil, evaporator coil, capillary, suction line, electronic parts, etc. are not covered and shall be borne by the purchaser. Provided always that the warranty card bears the rubber stamp, date & signature of DAIPL’s Authorized Dealer.
Katai Technology based Alloy Condensor Coil for outdoor unit RL50UV16V7, RQ60UV16U5 , RLG50UV16V7 & RQG60UV16U5 used in combination with FTL50UV16V7, FTQ60UV16U5, GTL50UV16V7 & GTQ60UV16U5 indoor unit respectively will carry 4 years (48 months) additional warranty from the end of initial warranty period of the product.
Other terms and conditions during replacement of condenser coil will remain same as stated above.
B. Split Unit Hi-wall Inverter
The Daikin Split Air conditioner (hereinafter referred to as “Product”) High wall inverter comes with 12 months warranty from the date of invoice to customer, (“initial warranty period”) on all parts except front grill & plastic parts and, thereafter 4 years* (48 months) additional warranty on PCB card (printed circuit board) and 9 years** (108 months) additional warranty on the compressor, from the end of initial warranty period of the product (“additional warranty period”) (initial warranty period and additional warranty period is hereinafter referred to as “warranty”). However, in case of PCB - The PCB card of indoor or outdoor unit shall be repaired/replaced whichever is required at the sole discretion of DAIPL. This additional warranty will not cover handling and fixing charges of PCB Card. Any failure due to improper power supply as detailed in point no 4 below shall not be covered in this additional warranty period. With respect to compressor, the additional warranty covers compressors and shall not cover gas charging, related labour and transportation charges or any parts such as compressor, condenser coil, evaporator coil, capillary, suction line, electronic parts, etc. Provided always that the warranty card bears the rubber stamp, date & signature of DAIPL’s Authorized Dealer.
* High wall inverter machine(s) purchased on or after 1st Sept 2019 will carry 9 years additional compressor warranty
** High wall inverter machine(s) purchased on or after 1st Sept 2020 will carry 4 years additional PCB warranty
Terms and Conditions Under Product Warranty Card
- The Warranty is confined to the purchaser who has purchased the Product, only from DAIPL or an Authorized dealer or Distributor of DAIPL (“Purchase”/ ”First Purchaser”). The warranty including the Additional warranty cannot be transferred by the First Purchaser to any person by whatever means of the same Product.
- DAIPL warrants to the First Purchaser, that the product is free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the initial warranty period.
- Warranty does not cover accessories external to the Product.
- The Product is designed to operate at voltage supply of 230 Volts plus or minus 10% in case of single phase Product & 415 V plus or minus 5% in case of three phase product. Any failure due to operation of the Product outside the voltage limits will not be covered under this warranty. If the voltage availability is outside these limits, the Purchaser is required to install a proper stabilizing equipment. However, voltage stabilizing equipment is not covered under this warranty.
- The first Purchaser shall be entitled to the following services under the Warranty, free of cost, by authorized dealer / authorized representatives of DAIPL.
- Preventive Maintenance of Product
- Preventive maintenance check-up will be carried out two times in a period of 12 months from the date of invoice on request from the user, which will include;
- General cleaning and brushing.
- General internal check-up.
- Cleaning of Air filter.
- Lubrication of moving parts.
- Checking of electrical contracts.
- In case of complaint registered by the Purchaser all efforts will be made promptly to attend to the complaint. Repair / replacement of part(s) during the Warranty will be free of cost, if it is determined by the authorized representative/dealer of DAIPL that these are due to manufacturing defects. In no case this Warranty shall be extended to the replacement / return of product.
- This warranty for the Product will expire automatically upon completion of 12 months from the date of invoice, irrespective of the period the product was / was not in use by the Purchaser or was not giving proper performance or was under breakdown or the time taken for repair / replacement of defective parts or even if some part/s have been repaired or replaced during the Warranty period.
- Call registered with the centralized helpline/authorized service centre, wherein only cleaning of the unit/parts in the unit due to dust accumulation on portions of the unit, general explanations/returning, are not to be considered as defects.
- If any coloured internal or external components are replaced, there will be commitment to ensure that the shades match with the original or other components. The replaced shades, patterns, tints may vary from the Purchaser’s unit due to continuous usage of the unit. Any matching components changed at Purchaser’s request will be on chargeable basis except the component which actually needed.
- For the Product installed outside the municipal limits of the city jurisdiction, to and fro expenses incurred in collecting the Product or parts thereof and expenses incurred lodging, boarding conveyance and other incidental charges will be borne by the Purchaser and shall be payable in advance.
- In case of shifting of Product by the original Purchaser, then in order to avail continuing Warranty on the Product, the Purchaser should call DAIPL’s authorised representative/dealer for carrying out any alteration in the Installation of the Product. The responsibility including expenses for shifting/transportation/transit insurance of the Products shall rest with the Purchaser. The charges toward repair/replacement of parts consequent to shifting, if any, will be to Purchaser’s account.
- DAIPL undertakes no liability for any direct, indirect and consequential losses, damages such as loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of life etc and/or damages caused to the Purchaser or third party due to non or partial performance of the Product or any part thereof.
- The Purchaser should preserve the original invoice and Warranty Card for necessary verification and produce it at the time of service.
- The nominal capacity of Product is at standard test condition. Any deviation in the condition either on outdoor or indoor side will affect the Product performance.
- The decision of DAIPL with regard to the settlement of all claims under this Warranty shall be final.
- Courts in Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.
Conditions Under Which This Warranty Shall Become Void
The First Purchaser clearly understands and agrees that the warranty conditions shall be null and void, if:
- The Product is transferred by the First Purchaser to any person.
- The Warranty Card is not completed properly at the time of purchase of Product.
- The completed warranty Card is not presented to authorized service personnel at the time of service of the Product.
- The Product is not operated according to instructions given in the Operating Instruction Booklet.
- Installation of Product by any person other than DAIPL’s authorised dealer/representative.
- Use of spurious fragile parts, such as front grill, knobs, louvers, air filters etc.
- Presence of foreign objects in the Product.
- Product connected to improper power supply.
- Damage to the Product due to operation in an abnormally corrosive alkaline/acidic atmosphere.
- Damage resulting due to any defect which is not immediately notified to DAIPL and/or its Authorised dealer/representative.
- Any defect or damage resulting due to improper maintenance of Product.
- Removal, obliteration or alteration of original serial number of the Product including compressor and other parts.
- Defects are caused beyond control of DAIPL like lightening, abnormal voltage, Acts of God, environmental conditions, negligence of Purchaser in using Product or while in transit to service centre or Purchaser’s place of usage of Product.
- Damage to the Product or any part/s due to transportation or shifting is not covered under Warranty.
- The Warranty of the Product is void, if the failure of the compressor is due to lack of proper preventive maintenance of the Product by the Purchaser or if the Product is repaired or attended by an unauthorized person. DAIPL’s decision in this regard will be final and binding on the Purchaser